Ft. Lauderdale, FL. – January 5, 2016 – The Women’s Choice Award®, America’s trusted referral source for the best in healthcare has just announced its 2016 America’s Best Hospitals for Bariatric Surgery. This evidence-based designation is the only Bariatric Surgery award that identifies the country’s best healthcare institutions based on robust criteria that considers female patient satisfaction and clinical excellence, according to the American College of Surgeons.
The list of 300 award winners represents hospitals that have met the high standards of The American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS), through the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP). Awarded hospitals also ranked above the national average for patient recommendations on the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) surveys, as indicated by the data reported by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Women polled in a recent survey by the Women’s Choice Award indicated that a doctor’s certification and the hospitals ranking for patient safety were the most important factors when considering the hospital for bariatric surgery.
“Women tend to be risk averse, so we’re simplifying her choices by verifying those hospitals providing outstanding patient care and performance, allowing her to choose with confidence,” says Delia Passi, CEO and Founder of the Women’s Choice Award.
The following hospitals have joined the Women’s Choice Award in empowering women and their families to make the best healthcare choices:[checklist]
- Bariatric Center at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Hartford, CT
- Catawba Valley Medical Center, Hickory, NC
- Citizens Bariatric Center, Victoria, TX
- Fairview Southdale Hospital, Edina, MN
- Holy Name Medical Center, Teaneck, NJ
- INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center, Oklahoma City, OK
- Lafayette General Medical Center, Lafayette, LA
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
- My Bariatric Solutions, Wise Health System’s Bariatric Program, Decatur, TX
- New Hanover Regional Medical Center, Wilmington, NC
- North Cypress Medical Center, Cypress, TX
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center, Orlando, FL
- St. Elizabeth and St. Joseph Surgical Weight Loss Center, Warren, OH
- The Baptist Center for Bariatric Surgery at Baptist Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL
- The Valley Hospital’s Center for Metabolic and Weight Loss Surgery, Ridgewood, NJ
- UC Davis Bariatric Surgery Program, Sacramento, CA
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN
- VCU Health, Richmond, VA
- Winthrop-University Hospital, Mineola, NY
According to a study in April 2015 by the University of San Diego Health, 80% of patients who undergo bariatric surgery are female, despite equal rates of obesity among American men and women. The ASMBS, shares that the most common bariatric surgery procedures are gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy and adjustable gastric band.
For more information on the 2016 America’s Best Hospitals for Bariatric Surgery visit https://www.womenschoiceaward.com/awarded/bariatric-surgery/
Madelyn Martinez | WomenCertified Inc.
Administrative Marketing Manager
T: (954) 922-0846