Doctors Hospital of Augusta
This hospital earned the Women’s Choice Award as an America’s Best Hospital for Emergency Care.
3651 Wheeler Road
Augusta, GA 30909
“This is a great accomplishment for our staff”, said Doug Welch, President & CEO of Doctors Hospital. “Working together, our physicians, nurses and support staff provide high quality emergency care to our community. Doctors Hospital has the shortest wait times in town and it’s always nice to be recognized for the effort we put in to make sure our patients receive the best and most timely care possible”
Doug Welch, CEO Doctors Hospital of Augusta
America’s Best Hospitals for Emergency Care
Why Doctors Hospital of Augusta was rated the highest for their emergency services:
Doctors Hospital of Augusta earned the America’s Best Hospitals for Emergency Care award because it consistently ranks among the best of the 3,500 hospitals reporting on the performance of their respective Emergency Departments and have a solid HCAHPS recommendation rating. They are judged on the following Emergency Department performance measures reported by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS):
- Average number of minutes before outpatients with chest pain or possible heart attack got an ECG,
- Average time patients spent in the Emergency Department, before they were admitted to the hospital as an inpatient,
- Average time patients spent in the Emergency Department before they were seen by a healthcare professional,
- Average time patients spent waiting in the Emergency Department, after the doctor decided to admit them as an inpatient, but before leaving the Emergency Department for their inpatient room,
- Average time patients spent in the Emergency Department before being sent home,
- Average time patients who came to the Emergency Department with broken bones had to wait before receiving pain medication,
- Percentage of patients who came to the Emergency Department with stroke symptoms who received brain scan results within 45 minutes of arrival,
- Percentage of patients who left the Emergency Department before being seen.
The eight measures were weighted according to the priorities of women we surveyed. Hospitals that fall within the top 50% are qualified to be considered for the award, those hospitals with total scores that placed them in the top 10% nationally, earned the Women’s Choice Award.
About Doctors Hospital of Augusta
Doctors Hospital is a full service acute-care hospital. We specialize in Women’s Services, Orthopedics, Cancer Care and are home to the Joseph M. Still Burn Center, the largest burn center in the United States. We are a community leader in delivering quality care, as evidenced our recognition as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission.
My family would like to “thank” your ER nurse Lynn and the attending physician that saved my dad’s life on Sunday, March 16th. Also would like to say that Doretha, his nurse in ICU, is an awesome nurse and should be commended for the tender care that she has given my Dad and our family. God bless you for such an awesome staff!
ust wanted to leave HIGH PRAISES to Dr Bossous, Dr Behnia and the entire staff at Doctors Hospital for taking such great care of my Mom the past few days! I couldn’t have asked for better care in diagnosing and treating her ~ THANKS SO MUCH!
I love this hospital! I am so glad to have transferred here to have my second child. The staff here does such amazing jobs. I highly recommend this hospital to anyone and everyone!
Been going here over 25 years. Would not go anywhere else.