Oak Hill Hospital
This hospital earned the Women’s Choice Award as an America’s Best Hospital for Emergency Care.
11375 Cortez Blvd
Brooksville, FL 34613
“With our mission of providing Excellence in Healthcare and Patient Service we continually strive to offer patient centered care that respects each patient’s preferences, values and needs. We are honored to be one of only 231 hospitals in the country and one of only 13 hospitals in Florida to receive this emergency care award of excellence by the Women’s Choice Award.”
Mickey Smith, CEO, Oak Hill Hospital
This hospital earned the award in the following categories:
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County (262 acute care beds), is one of the area’s largest private employers, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 300 physicians, 950 associates, and over 350 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has demonstrated its healthcare leadership by achieving distinction as the:
- First hospital in the area to offer a Graduate Medical Education (GME) program with a Residency in Internal Medicine.
- First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
- First accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) and the first hospital in the area to achieve Heart Failure accreditation with the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- First and only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
- First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
- First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
- First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its Hip & Knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
- First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s, for which it was honored by the Emergency Nurses Association and first in Florida to receive the prestigious Lantern Award in ER nursing for exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
- Now offers the most advanced robotic assisted surgical system: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
- Named by The Joint Commission as one of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures in Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, and Surgical Care.
Why women love Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital is unique in many of the services and special touches available in the area, featuring the area’s only dedicated Pediatric ER with Board Certified Pediatricians and Pediatric Nurses, a secure pediatric unit in the hospital plus the region’s most comprehensive women’s imaging center with amenities and services tailored to making women feel comfortable in a spa like setting. It also offers the most technologically advanced digital diagnostic modalities. All available modalities are accredited by the American College of Radiology.
Our Joint Commission certified Orthopaedic & Spine Institute offers amenities not found elsewhere for the comfort of the patient and family who stay with the patient overnight on the dedicated floor with a special amenities package for their comfort and convenience.
Oak Hill is the only hospital in the area to also offers 24/7 on-site radiologists who provide written reports quickly and are available for consults with the ER or admitting physicians around the clock. The new GE Optima CT660 located in the ER is the very latest CT on the market and is dedicated to the Emergency Room. All of these features focus on the importance of superior quality technology and services women really appreciate.
Oak Hill Hospital’s Mission & Vision:
Mission: Provide Excellence in Healthcare and Patient Service.
Vision: to lead the Community in Healthcare Excellence.
Our CARE Values:
- Customer/ Always First,
- Actions/ Speak Louder Than Words
- Respect/ The Golden Rule
- Excellence/ Is our Standard
In a Nutshell, we provide patient centered care to improve the quality of life.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@hcahealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com.
Why Oak Hill Hospital was rated the highest for their emergency services:
Oak Hill Hospital earned the America’s Best Hospitals for Emergency Care award because it consistently ranks among the best of the 3,600 hospitals reporting on their emergency department’s performance to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The seven measures CMS publicly reports are weighted according to the priorities of women we surveyed. Hospitals that fall within the top 25% for most or all of the most important measures can earn the award. Awards are limited to hospitals with a solid HCAHPS recommendation rating.
Orthopaedic Institute Services
The Orthopaedic Institute at Oak Hill Hospital provides full-service orthopaedic care, from digital x-rays to rehabilitation, and everything in between. Our experienced and professional orthopaedic surgeons, working with our radiologists, physical therapists, and orthopaedic certified nurses (ONC), ensure that you receive optimal care in a comfortable setting.
Whether you need a total joint replacement, suffer from arthritis, or present with a sports related injury, we want to help relieve your pain and restore your body to a higher level of performance.
Orthopaedic Conditions We Treat
We provide treatment options for a variety of conditions, including:
- All bone fractures
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Sacroiliac joint pain
- Sports injuries
Why Oak Hill Hospital is one of the best hospitals in America for Orthopedics:
The Women’s Choice Award recipients for Best Hospitals for Orthopedics are determined first by identifying hospitals that provided comprehensive orthopedic services, indicating a minimum number of arthroscopy, joint replacement and spine surgery services, as well as offering onsite MRI and physical therapy. Those full service hospitals were then judged on their HCAHPS results for patient recommendations and post-operative recovery instructions, measures that are very important to women in choosing a hospital. Hospitals could be disqualified for abnormally high rates of surgical complications and infections. Data made available by Medicare is utilized in a method that is totally objective and uniform. No subjective considerations are used to determine the award winners.