Oak Hill Hospital
This hospital earned the Women’s Choice Award as an America’s Best Hospital for Emergency Care.
11375 Cortez Blvd
Brooksville, FL 34613
“With our mission of providing Excellence in Healthcare and Patient Service we continually strive to offer patient centered care that respects each patient’s preferences, values and needs. We are honored to be one of only 231 hospitals in the country and one of only 13 hospitals in Florida to receive this emergency care award of excellence by the Women’s Choice Award.”
Mickey Smith, CEO, Oak Hill Hospital
America’s Best Hospital for Emergency Care
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County (262 acute care beds), is one of the area’s largest private employers, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 300 physicians, 950 associates, and over 350 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has demonstrated its healthcare leadership by achieving distinction as the:
- First hospital in the area to offer a Graduate Medical Education (GME) program with a Residency in Internal Medicine.
- First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
- First accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) and the first hospital in the area to achieve Heart Failure accreditation with the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- First and only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
- First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
- First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
- First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its Hip & Knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
- First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s, for which it was honored by the Emergency Nurses Association and first in Florida to receive the prestigious Lantern Award in ER nursing for exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
- Now offers the most advanced robotic assisted surgical system: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
- Named by The Joint Commission as one of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures in Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, and Surgical Care.
Why women love Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital is unique in many of the services and special touches available in the area, featuring the area’s only dedicated Pediatric ER with Board Certified Pediatricians and Pediatric Nurses, a secure pediatric unit in the hospital plus the region’s most comprehensive women’s imaging center with amenities and services tailored to making women feel comfortable in a spa like setting. It also offers the most technologically advanced digital diagnostic modalities. All available modalities are accredited by the American College of Radiology.
Our Joint Commission certified Orthopaedic & Spine Institute offers amenities not found elsewhere for the comfort of the patient and family who stay with the patient overnight on the dedicated floor with a special amenities package for their comfort and convenience.
Oak Hill is the only hospital in the area to also offers 24/7 on-site radiologists who provide written reports quickly and are available for consults with the ER or admitting physicians around the clock. The new GE Optima CT660 located in the ER is the very latest CT on the market and is dedicated to the Emergency Room. All of these features focus on the importance of superior quality technology and services women really appreciate.
Oak Hill Hospital’s Mission & Vision:
Mission: Provide Excellence in Healthcare and Patient Service.
Vision: to lead the Community in Healthcare Excellence.
Our CARE Values:
- Customer/ Always First,
- Actions/ Speak Louder Than Words
- Respect/ The Golden Rule
- Excellence/ Is our Standard
In a Nutshell, we provide patient centered care to improve the quality of life.