Covenant HealthCare received the 2014 Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics, America’s Best Hospitals for Orthopedics and America’s Best Breast Centers.
1447 North Harrison
Saginaw, MI 48602
“We want everything about babies being delivered at Covenant HealthCare to be extraordinary. The highly skilled obstetricians also help prepare for the most extraordinary time for the mother and babies delivery. And they all have the security and expertise of Covenant HealthCare. With the only neonatal intensive care unit in the Great Lakes Bay Region, and the most comprehensive services for women before and after childbirth, Covenant HealthCare is the safest place to have a baby”
Carol Stoll, RN, BSN, MSA, VP/Chief Nursing Officer Covenant HealthCare
This hospital carries the Women’s Choice Award in the following categories:
America’s Best Hospital
- The sixth largest health care facility in Michigan and one of the largest, most comprehensive medical centers north of Detroit.
- Covenant Medical Center, which is licensed for 623 beds, serves the health care needs of communities throughout 20 counties in mid-Michigan. On any given day, more than 3,000 individuals visit the Covenant Medical Center’s main campus.
- More than 20 inpatient and outpatient facilities throughout our service area offering convenient access to high quality, compassionate care.
- Covenant HealthCare employs over 4,200 employees and has over 500 physicians on our medical staff.
- Five MedExpress urgent care facilities located throughout Saginaw and Bay counties.
- Covenant HealthCare Annual Utilization Quick Statistics for fiscal year 2012 (from 7/1/2011 – 6/30/2012):
- Inpatient discharges: 30,994
- Emergency Care Center visits: 85,011
- Babies born: 3,025
- MedExpress visits: 105,607
- Surgeries (in/outpatient): 14,852
About the Center for Advanced Orthopaedics
Covenant HealthCare is the region’s leader of unsurpassed quality and orthopaedic patient care. Our strength lies in the knowledge, expertise and standards of our physicians.
JointWorks, a unique program for knee, hip and shoulder replacement, offers our patients state-of-the-art technology including:
- A comprehensive care and recovery program for patients undergoing total and partial joint replacement surgery.
- Minimally invasive total joint replacement surgery, allowing quick recovery times and significantly reduced scarring
- Arthroscopy, allowing orthopaedists to look inside a joint.
- The knowledge and expertise to care for all injuries and diseases of the body’s musculoskeletal system that includes bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles and nerves.
Our staff consists of highly trained, board-certified orthopaedic surgeons, who with a highly skilled team of nurses, therapists and allied health professionals, are ready to provide the best orthopaedic care available in the Great Lakes Bay Region.
Why Covenant HealthCare ranked among the best hospitals in America for Orthopedics:
The Women’s Choice Award program for Best Hospitals for Orthopedics is determined first by identifying hospitals that provided comprehensive orthopedic services and provided a minimum number of arthroscopy, joint replacement and spine surgery services, as well as onsite MRI and physical therapy. Those full service hospitals were then judged on their HCAHPS results for patient recommendations and post-operative recovery, measures that are very important to women in choosing a hospital. Hospitals could be disqualified for abnormally high rates of surgical complications and infections. We utilize data made available by Medicare and follow a method that is totally objective and uniform. No subjective considerations are used to determine the award winners.
About The Covenant Breast Health Center
The Covenant Breast Health Center is a concept in the care and treatment of women’s health, focusing exclusively on the prevention, early detection and treatment of breast cancer. Our team of physicians and staff joined together under one roof to use the latest technology for the care and treatment of breast health.
Patients should also feel confident the care they receive is top-notch. The Covenant Breast Health Program recently received two distinguished honors, including the designation as an American College of Radiology (ACR) Breast Imaging Center of Excellence and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) three-year full accreditation award. Both organizations recognize and applaud Covenant for their commitment to providing the highest quality evaluation and management of patients with breast disease. Covenant is proud to be the only center in the Great Lakes Bay Region with both honors.
Covenant Cancer Care is proud to offer the STAR Program® (Survivorship Training And Rehabilitation). The STAR Program® provides patients with comprehensive, coordinated cancer rehabilitation supported by a team of STAR Program® Clinicians.
Why Covenant HealthCare ranked as an America’s Best Breast Center:
Our award recipients have all met the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) standards from the American College of Surgeons. They also carry the Seal of the American College of Radiologists as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BICOE), and score well on the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services patient satisfaction measures, or their equivalent.
Click here to review other categories methodology.
About Covenant Cancer Care
As a regional referral center, Covenant HealthCare is one of the largest and most specialized health care organizations in Saginaw, Bay, Tuscola, Midland, Genesee and Gratiot Counties. One of those specialty areas, the cancer program at Covenant HealthCare, has brought quality, compassionate and cost effective care to the people in mid-Michigan.
Why Covenant HealthCare is the best hospital for cancer care:
The Women’s Choice Award has identified Covenant HealthCare as one of the very best hospitals for cancer treatment that is accredited by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer, and has received high recommendation ratings for patient satisfaction from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. This hospital was also recognized for having chemotherapy, radiation and hospice services and/or major research programs. This prestigious hospital is highly rated and recommended by women.
View Larger Map