Covenant HealthCare received the 2014 Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics, America’s Best Hospitals for Orthopedics and America’s Best Breast Centers.
1447 North Harrison
Saginaw, MI 48602
“We want everything about babies being delivered at Covenant HealthCare to be extraordinary. The highly skilled obstetricians also help prepare for the most extraordinary time for the mother and babies delivery. And they all have the security and expertise of Covenant HealthCare. With the only neonatal intensive care unit in the Great Lakes Bay Region, and the most comprehensive services for women before and after childbirth, Covenant HealthCare is the safest place to have a baby”
Carol Stoll, RN, BSN, MSA, VP/Chief Nursing Officer Covenant HealthCare
This hospital carries the Women’s Choice Award in the following categories:
America’s Best Hospital
- The sixth largest health care facility in Michigan and one of the largest, most comprehensive medical centers north of Detroit.
- Covenant Medical Center, which is licensed for 623 beds, serves the health care needs of communities throughout 20 counties in mid-Michigan. On any given day, more than 3,000 individuals visit the Covenant Medical Center’s main campus.
- More than 20 inpatient and outpatient facilities throughout our service area offering convenient access to high quality, compassionate care.
- Covenant HealthCare employs over 4,200 employees and has over 500 physicians on our medical staff.
- Five MedExpress urgent care facilities located throughout Saginaw and Bay counties.
- Covenant HealthCare Annual Utilization Quick Statistics for fiscal year 2012 (from 7/1/2011 – 6/30/2012):
- Inpatient discharges: 30,994
- Emergency Care Center visits: 85,011
- Babies born: 3,025
- MedExpress visits: 105,607
- Surgeries (in/outpatient): 14,852
Why Covenant HealthCare ranked among the best hospitals in America for Orthopedics:
The Women’s Choice Award program for Best Hospitals for Orthopedics is determined first by identifying hospitals that provided comprehensive orthopedic services and provided a minimum number of arthroscopy, joint replacement and spine surgery services, as well as onsite MRI and physical therapy. Those full service hospitals were then judged on their HCAHPS results for patient recommendations and post-operative recovery, measures that are very important to women in choosing a hospital. Hospitals could be disqualified for abnormally high rates of surgical complications and infections. We utilize data made available by Medicare and follow a method that is totally objective and uniform. No subjective considerations are used to determine the award winners.
Click here to review other categories methodology
Why Covenant HealthCare ranked as an America’s Best Breast Center:
Our award recipients have all met the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) standards from the American College of Surgeons. They also carry the Seal of the American College of Radiologists as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BICOE), and score well on the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services patient satisfaction measures, or their equivalent.
Click here to review other categories methodology.
View Larger Map